Flexible Sigmoidoscopy Preparation
Day before Sigmoidoscopy
- You may eat a regular breakfast and lunch. Please finish eating lunch by 1:00 PM
- After lunch you should remain on a clear liquid diet. You may have coffee, tea, juice
(without pulp), Jell-O (without fruit, NOT orange, red or purple), and clear broth.
- At 7:00 PM drink 1 bottle (10oz.) of Citrate of Magnesia (can be purchased over the
counter at a pharmacy.) This may be chilled prior to consumption.
DO NOT drink any liquids 4 hours prior to your appointment.
Day of Sigmoidoscopy
- One hour prior to your examination administer one fleet enema (green & white box) or a
32oz. tap water enema.
- Arrive for sigmoidoscopy at scheduled time.