Fructose Intolerance Breath Test Information
Instructions Prior to Test
- Please do not eat beans, bran or other high fiber foods the day before the testing. You may brush your teeth but spit out toothpaste & rinse.
- Eat a low dairy, low carbohydrate, low fiber dinner and avoid any fruit the day prior to the test.
- Please do not eat or drink anything after midnight before the test.
- Do not smoke the morning of the exam or exercise vigorously.
- Please do not take antibiotics ten days prior to the test.
- Drink 12oz of Regular Coke or Pepsi 3 hours before the test and nothing else.
The test takes approximately 3 hours in the office. Please call 516.248.3737 with any questions.