Lactose Intolerance Breath Test Information
Instructions Prior to Test
- Please do not drink any milk or eat foods containing milk, bran, or high fiber for at least 24 hours before the test.
- Please do not have anything to eat or drink (including water) after midnight prior to the test. You may brush your teeth but spit out toothpaste & rinse.
- Do not smoke the morning of the exam or exercise vigorously.
- Do not take any antibiotics two weeks prior to the test.
- Drink 12oz of WHOLE WHITE MILK 3 hours before the test and nothing else to eat or drink.
The test takes approximately 3 hours in the office. Please call 516.248.3737 with any questions.